Monday, August 6, 2012

Tantalizing Tuesday Teaser

Welcome to this week's Tantalizing Tuesday where we pick any picture that captures our fancy and write no more and no less than 200 words!




I never felt so free!

So uninhibited.

For years I’d lost myself in hours of Bollywood films enjoying vivid colors, dramatic romances and beautiful dance numbers. Daydreaming about frolicking about with the Alps or pyramids in the background, the love of my life embracing me. All the heartbreaking drama and impossible obstacles were always over-come by the end of three hours and the couple would live happily-ever-after.

And just like that with a thoughtful gesture and a talented artist, my life had been transformed. The beautiful woman in the painting was me. She was happy, she was free and she was unashamed. If she could revel in her beauty without self-consciousness, or hang-ups then so could I.

Oh I knew that I wouldn’t be able to do this overnight but the decision was the correct one and simply taking the first step would be liberating, after all the man who had commissioned the drawing must have seen me like this so why couldn’t I see myself that way too? With his support and a daily dose of self-assurance and certainty I could stop the self-recrimination and self-doubts.

I could embrace this new happiness, this contentment with myself and my beauty.



Don't forget to visit my fellow teasers:

6 comments:

Muffy Wilson said...

Wonderful! Such a positive affirmation and prayer to be released from the emotional binds that hold us down! Delightful and uplifting! I loved it!!! And such a beautiful picture. She really LOOKS happy and self-confident!!:) xo

diannehartsock said...

I love this! If only we could all follow her lead. :)

Naomi said...

Wonderful!. Grab hold of that confidence in both hands and you go girl! You'll never look back again! Great teaser!

Don Abdul said...

Beautiful road map to greater self confidence. Lovely.

Jake Malden said...

Beautiful, colourful and life-affirming. Splendid picture and an uplifting life-embracing message to go with it. Great stuff.

vampiremorbius said...

Beautifully written tease