Monday, September 3, 2012

Tantalizing Tuesday

Welcome to this week's Tantalizing Tuesday where we pick any picture that captures our fancy and write no more and no less than 200 words!





"Free image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net".



Shannon and I had signed up months ago and she was giddy with excitement. It was so cool to see my usually staid best friend acting like a teenager. She was an over-worked social worker who often baked as a stress relief. She planned on opening her own bakery. I was along for moral support. I had no culinary skills whatsoever. As a freelance graphic designer, I spent too many hours home alone so it was good for me to get out and speak to someone other than my cat. I was a little surprised to find the entire room was full of women, I’d expect a few men to take advantage. When I’d taken a cooking tutorial at the local community college I ended up being the only female in the class as the men all thought it was a great way to meet women and the idea backfired.

I noticed the idle chit chat came to abrupt halt except for the numerous sighs. I turned to the test kitchen and felt myself let out a sigh. There stood a handsome man, “Good evening, my name is Blair and I’m going to introduce you to the joy of cupcakes.”

Don't forget to visit my fellow teasers:
Molly Synthia: http://mollysynthia.com/

8 comments:

Julez S Morbius said...

Great tease and i loved the way you reversed expectations by having a male tutor

Molly Synthia said...

I really liked this Venus! It was amazing how you were able to instantaneously build sexual tension with the last sentence. Very, very good.

Don Abdul said...

Mmmm, how very sweet. I love the surprise at the end.

gemma parkes said...

Lovely story, loved the little twist and the expectation of a future love interest!

diannehartsock said...

*chuckles* Bet there's lots of joys he can teach them! Great tease, love the twist at the end. ;)

Paloma Beck said...

that was a fun tease.

Naomi said...

I want a cupcake! Delightful tease and I want to know more about Blair

Jake Malden said...

Nice set-up, with convincing background detail on the main character. The introduction of Blair is punchy and effective. 'The Joy of Cupcakes' would be fun title for a longer story...