Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Join me over at XoXo Publishing

Write What You Feel by Venus Cahill
XoXo Publishing Author

I'm a big believer in the old adage write what you know.
Or rather what I should say is write what you feel. I cannot talk for all writers but for me there is always a piece of myself in everything I write, the need to relate to one of my characters, which is why I prefer my heroines to be curvy girls. I hated the fact that all the girls and later the women who resembled me were either the best-friend, the third-wheel or the comedic relief. I didn't want to be the side-kick, I wanted to be me and get my sexy man.
Even as a child when I would spin tales of fairies and princesses they always looked like me, after all I couldn't rely on picture books or television where all of the pretty girls were always blond, thin and beautiful. I'm beautiful too so why can't I have my very own fairy tale?
Now don't get me wrong I still want the fantasy of the typical romance novel but I want to be able to close my eyes and easily picture myself in the heroine's shoes. Shoes in most cases I would not be caught dead in, really if you knew what a klutz I am you would understand the horror the thought of spiked high-heels instills in me.
Just because I write my women on the curvy side does not mean everything I write about is autobiographical. To my knowledge, I have never met a werewolf or a vampire; I have never had sex with a stranger in a darkened photography development lab and I've never murdered a co-worker. Yet every piece I write is a piece of me, full of my feelings and emotions, the imaginings of my soul.
I write because I have to, it is a something I have to do, something that makes me happy. It is my passion and in so doing I feel I must stay true to myself and that is why I write curvy women. I am a different kind of heroine and I chose to believe that there are others out their like me.

My name is Venus and I write stories where the curvy girl gets her man.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?Id=723880586

Coming soon XoXo Publishing Exclusive!
Venus Curvy Fiction
For woman of all ages.
Where the curvy girl gets her man.
Please inquire: venus@xoxopublishing.com
http://xoxopublishing.blogspot.com/

No comments: