Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lori Foster's 7th Annual Reader-Author Get Together

A week ago mom and I piled up the car and headed to Ohio for the Lori Foster's 7th Annual Reader-Author Get Together. I'd registered straight away in January and anxiously counted down for months. This was the very first publishing industry event I was going to attend and I'm not sure what I was expecting and I had a fantastic time. Some of my memorable moments included going all fangrrl over Sam Cheever, Lissa Matthews and Cindy Spencer Pape. I attended two interesting workshops and was pretty excited about listening to some of my favorite authors discussing their writing processes. My mom's favorite time was meeting C.H. Admirand's Medieval trilogy cover model. Although I'm not sure if she enjoyed the gorgeous man or the castle on the cover more.
We were made to feel very welcome as if we were part of a great big family. Over all I had a great time and am looking forward to next year!

No comments: