Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Morning Musings

Weather Woes . . .
Are we ever truly happy with the weather we have? I know I promised myself this winter when I was waist deep in snow that I would not complain about the heat this summer. Good intentions maybe yet here I am this morning struggling to breathe in this humidity and cursing the weather yet again.
It seems that I got the weather I had wished for. I wanted to get some actual use out of the pool this summer and indeed I have. But is it too much to ask for a nice median? I'd love for it to be warm enough to swim and yet breathe comfortably and not burn lobster red with less than five minutes of exposure. I'd love to have sunny skies but rain so that the flowers and grass and local farm crops still grow.
I'm reminding myself that come winter and I'm buried under a snowplow full of ice and slush that I'll be missing these hot and humid days.

No comments: