Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Review -- Silken Canvas by Natasha Moore




Title: Silken Canvas

Author: Natasha Moore

Genre:  Contemporary Erotica (BDSM)

Published   December 25, 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

Length:  166 pages

Rating: 4.5 out of  5 stars


About the book:

He can work with her body...as long as he doesn't touch her heart.

Brendan Cole burst onto the art scene in a blaze, creating erotic works of art from beautiful women. Recently, though, reviews suggest that his brilliance is burning out. He knows what's missing--inspiration. He lost it the day his ex-lover and muse, Ashley Mancuso, walked out on him.
Together, they can once again create the erotic images that will silence the critics forever.
When Ashley runs into Brendan at an art gallery, their attraction is as hot as ever. Though she swore to never again take second place to his art, she finds herself agreeing to an impromptu photo shoot. Once in front of his lens, five long years of suppressing her kinky side melts away--and shakes her resolve to keep it strictly business.
One spellbinding session after another makes it impossible to resist talking of fantasies and long-buried desires. But once the images hit the gallery walls, all the fears and insecurities that drove them apart create a rift wide enough for danger to find its way in...

Warning: Contains a sexy, tortured artist, his gorgeous muse, and a string of pearls that creates one very erotic BDSM fantasy.



It is definitely no secret that I love heroines who are curvy and when you add to that a angst-ridden Alpha male artist, whoa Nelly but you have a winning combination. Admittedly I am not one for kink but this story grabbed a hold of me and seemed to burrow under my skin. The characters were so well developed and easy to relate to that I could understand where their yearnings were coming from. I’m not going to get all preachy here but kink has almost become comedy and it was never really my favourite so that when all the badly written stuff hit the shelves I avoided it even more. But I am so glad I took a chance on this story. I highly recommend this to everyone who loves erotica. Besides the fabulous characters I loved this author’s style and cannot wait to read her other offerings – if they are only half as good as this story she will find a spot on the top of my must-read list.


No comments: