Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review -- Guarding Hope by Ann Mayburn




Title: Guarding Hope (Contego Agency, #1)

Author: Ann Mayburn

Genre:  Contemporary Erotica

Published: August 6th 2013 by Honey Mountain Publishing

Length:  197 pages

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars


About the book:

War hero Daniel Escobar has left behind his career as a Marine and now works for the Contego Agency, Detroit’s premier personal protection firm. Unfortunately his heroic actions on the battlefield cost him not only part of his sight, but also his peace of mind. Haunted by regrets of the past, Daniel finds a new purpose in life when he is given the job of protecting Hope, the only woman he’s ever truly loved, from the mob.

Hope Walker can’t believe it when she finds Daniel, her first love, working at the Contego Agency. She’s searched for him for years, wanting to know why he left her after that terrible night their senior year in high school when a fight with his mother’s drug dealer boyfriend left Hope in the hospital and Daniel shipped off to parts unknown by Child Protective Services. For both Daniel and Hope the old memories and emotions come rushing back, and together they will have to fight to stay alive long enough to give their love a second chance.

 

Wow it’s been a few days since I finished reading this story and I can’t stop thinking about it. I want more, more, more and I cannot wait to read the adventures of Daniel’s coworkers. Hope is an amazing heroine she’s the type of deep-down good person I wish there were more of in the world. In fact I wish I were more like her. She is so very authentic, a mixture of so many characteristics, sassy and sweet and everything in between. Danny is the bad boy all woman love, because even though he’s the bad boy your parents hate there is a heart of gold under all that brooding exterior. The sexual tension rivals the actual consummation for heat and I loved that as it kept not only the characters on edge, but me as well. I love this author’s technique, how she seamlessly blends gritty with everyday, making it so darn genuine. She gave me a story so well-rounded and entertaining that I just flew through the story and then regretted it a little because I had to say goodbye to such fascinating people.

 

No comments: