Thursday, September 12, 2013

Review -- Magic's Daughter by Ann Gimpel





Title: Magic's Daughter

Author: Ann Gimpel

Genre:  Paranormal

Published: Published April 8th 2013 by Liquid Silver Books

Length:  80 pages

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

About the book:

Destined to be surrounded by magic yet have none of her own, Cassie walks a thin line between love and danger. Her mother is dying and her boyfriend has turned into something which terrifies her. By the time she wakes up to the danger she’s in, it’s nearly too late.

Cassie’s friend, Jeremy, warns her about her scumbag boyfriend, but she doesn't listen until deeply disturbing events unfold and her life hangs in the balance. With few choices left, she and Jeremy join forces to battle the darkness threatening them. Meanwhile, Cassie warms to Jeremy in ways she never could have anticipated. Love was there all along if she’d just opened her eyes and looked.

 

I loved how this book made me feel submerged in magic. It was as if I jumped into a enchanting pool of mystery and adventure from the very first word and I enjoyed how the author kept my head above water with fabulous descriptions and enthralling details of Cassie’s experience. Jeremy is absolutely one of my favourite heroes. His understated presence had him burrowing into my heart and I wanted to shake Cassie so that she would notice him. When I finished the story I didn’t know how to feel; I was so sad the journey was over because the quick pace kept me swiftly moving along but happy that a resolution was found. I’m looking forward to visiting this wonderful world again and again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to read this book NOW

Ann Gimpel, Author said...

Thanks so much for reading/reviewing Magic's Daughter, Venus. And for your wonderful review. I'm so glad you liked it.