Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Review -- The Billionaire's Pilot by Suzanne Graham




Title: The Billionaire’s Pilot

Author: Suzanne Graham

Genre: Erotica, Contemporary, BDSM

ebook

Published October 2013
 

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars


About the book:

With his father’s sudden death, Evan Mitchell is forced to take over the reins of the family’s multi-billion dollar conglomerate, keeping him away from the club where he finds his satisfaction as a Dom. When his current vanilla girlfriend dumps him on the eve of an important business trip, he finds his only choice is to hire his new helicopter pilot to play the role of his fiancée.

Cassie Maynard hesitates to repeat her past by getting involved with her new boss, especially one she suspects might be a Dom, but she can’t turn down the offer. Being unemployed for six months and moving to ultra-expensive New York City to find a new job has sunk her deep into debt, and her inner sub refuses to believe she’s permanently retired from the lifestyle.

 

First let me say that BDSM is really not my preference when it comes to subject material but having read a few of Suzanne Graham’s previous stories I enjoyed them so much that I thought I would give this story a go. And I’m glad that I did. While it does indeed have some Dom and sub elements it was not too overwhelming for my basically vanilla taste. The characters really shine in this story. Evan Mitchell is a complex hero full of emotions and I loved getting to see beyond the billionaire playboy image. Cassie Maynard is a strong, successful woman who gets in a little over her head but her heart is in the right place so I found no fault with any of her actions. So too is a wonderfully layered individual and I enjoyed watching her struggle with trying to get comfortable with all facets of what made her the woman she is. I was so pleased to see her insecurities as it just made her that more endearing and realistic. And speaking of realistic this had such an authentic feel that it was more than a fairy tale it was quite possible to believe the same could happen to the reader or anyone in a similar situation, yet it was in no way mundane or ordinary. Overall this was a romantic story and I love a great romance.

No comments: