Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review -- Something to Talk About by Dakota Cassidy




Title: Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard 2)

Author: Dakota Cassidy

Genre:  Contemporary Romance

Length: Paperback, 384 pages

Publication: May 27, 2014 by Harlequin MIRA

Rating: 5 stars

 

About the book:

 

Emmeline Amos is sick of her ex saying she's boring and prissy. After all, she works for a phone-sex company! (As general manager, but still.) On a rare girls' night out, fueled by blender drinks and bravado, Em accepts a shocking dare—to handle a call herself. But it's tipsy Em who gets an earful from an irate single father on the other end of the line. Awkward.

But not as awkward as discovering that same mad dad is Call Girls' gorgeous new programmer. Jax Hawthorne is still upset that his daughter called the "girlfriend store" on his behalf, but he can't deny he'd choose a hot-librarian type like Em if he were looking for love. Which he's not.

Em wants to do more than just talk the talk. So she makes a bawdy bargain with Jax. They've both been burned before—this time, they'll keep it strictly physical. Except as soon as they settle on no strings attached, things start to get tangled.

 

 

There is no denying the fact that I’m a super fan of this author, in fact I’ve even converter my mother to her dark and hilarious offerings so to say I expect a lot from one of her books is no exaggeration. This was definitely a different installment to the Plum Orchard series as there was more laughter than tears for me, but still plenty of emotion. And oh boy, plenty of hot and steamy sex. I really liked Emmeline in the previous book and was so excited she was going to star in the next book and here story was definitely not what I was expecting. Thank you Dakota Cassidy for the pleasant surprise and the many zingers that had me spewing my drink. You’d think I’d know better by now than to attempt drinking anything while reading one of your hilarious stories. Emmeline, is the type of good-girl sexy I’ve always wanted to be and Jax (and his brothers) is the type of man I’ve always dreamt about an honest to goodness nice guy with an extra helping of sexiness. I loved that they are both a little wounded and have something they must overcome, because we all have pasts that often affect us. The bottom line is that this was another entertaining visit to Plum Orchard and I cannot wait to take my next trip.

 

 

No comments: