Monday, September 1, 2014



Title: Tug of Attraction (The Cupcake Coven Book #2)
Author: Ashlyn Chase
Published: September 1, 2014
Length:  234 Pages
Publisher: Imagination Unlimited
ASIN: B00N00N360

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

About the book:

*A portion of the proceeds from this ebook will be donated to The Endometriosis Foundation of America 

Two witches. One screwy spell. it's time for this tugboat captain to sink or swim. 

Failed actress Brigit Love moves back to New Hampshire from Hollywood to start a family. So far her only babies wear fur and stay at the animal shelter where she works. She isn’t willing to marry just to get what she wants, so doing things in “the correct order” may not be possible. Even her Wiccan spells can’t turn back the clock. 

Handsome tug boat captain Ethan Cox loves his life as a happy bachelor and his only goal is to keep things exactly the way they are. No wonder his coven mate Brigit thinks he’d be the perfect guy to plant the seed and walk away whistling, especially with an iron clad contract protecting his interests. 

Ethan truly wants to help Brigit, but the contract she draws up stating he must give up all rights and responsibilities leaves him with a sinking feeling. Will he lose Brigit’s friendship and make coven rituals awkward if he refuses—or lose even more if he doesn’t? 




Ashlyn Chase has once again lived up to my very high expectations! She always delivers a world that draws me in, surrounds me with new friends and acquaintances, people I just know I would thrive around and enjoy visiting with every time I open up the pages of her stories. She envelopes me with fun and interesting characters and her sense of quirkiness keeps me in constant smiles. But mixed with the chuckles and eccentricity is a solemn subject or two. Endometriosis is not usually a topic that comes up during a romance but in real life it affects a significant number of women so to read Brigit's story gives it a personal spin for those who have no firsthand knowledge. Ethan is a fabulous hero with a fantastic job. Brigit is a delightful heroine. Reality isn't all it's cracked up to be and a fun light read is the perfect remedy to everyday problems. With Ms. Chase’s books I know I’m going to soon be in high spirits and falling in love right alongside the heroine. Ms. Chase's stories always leave me feeling happy and after all what more can you ask for? She takes me to a place where I suspend my disbelief and just let happiness wash over me. As usual I cannot wait to read the next story in this series, if the future leading couple are as engaging as Ethan and Brigit it will be a winner too!

No comments: