Friday, September 4, 2015

Favourite Author Friday -- Cynthia St. Aubin



I'm so excited to be introducing a new feature, where I will introduce some of my most favourite artists. Authors are my Rockstars and I go quite fangrrl!


Please help me welcome Cynthia St. Aubin a fabulous writer who's story never fail to make me smile and a lovely lady I've had the great pleasure to meet. If you've yet to read her work I highly suggest you check it out as I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Cynthia is my very first FAF Author and she was such an eager beaver she answered all of the proposed questions I asked her.

So without further ado . . . 


Are you usually late, early or right on time?
Pfft. Me? ALWAYS on time. Except for when I’m not. I’m what you call an “optimistic scheduler, which means that I am always thinking that I can accomplish more in any given amount of time than I actually can. This usually means that though I plan on being five minutes early, I end up being five minutes late or skidding in at the LAST second with my hair on fire and my pants in the car.

What is your favourite part of the human face? Why?
 I’m going with the eyes. I think they tell you a lot about a person. Like their eye color. And also if they’re addicted to crack cocaine. Or if they haven’t had their coffee yet. Also I’m addicted to eye shadow and liquid eyeliner, so eyes are my favourite part of the human face to play with. Not that I actually play with human faces. That would be super creepy. Wait…this just got weird, didn’t it?

What song gets the most play on your IPod right now?
Dreams, by Imagine Dragons. I am such a sucker for any kind of angsty alternative ballad.


What was the last thing you ate?
BBQ chicken, and a mountain of sour cream, butter, shredded cheese and bacon with a baked potato hiding under it.


Have you ever been pulled over by a cop?
 Oh yes. I have a lead foot, but I’ve gotten away with mostly warnings. Except for the one time I was pulled over by a lady cop for not “pausing long enough at a stop sign.” In the immortal words of Cher from Clueless…I TOTALLY paused.

What was the last picture you took with your phone?
Of my cat lying on my laptop. She likes to take my place any time I get up from the bed, and I thought I was being clever by leaving my laptop in the way. Not so much.

Have you ever danced in the rain?
Yes! It’s actually my very favorite thing to do on a warm summer night. There’s nothing better than warm rain.

What was the last lie you told?
Probably when I said there’s nothing better than warm rain. Warm doughnuts are TOTALLY better than warm rain. Also, warm gravy, warm brie cheese with apples, warm chocolate croissants. Sorry, what was the question?


What is your perfect pizza?
The kind I can eat. Kidding. I like minimal tomato sauce, maximum cheese, onions, mushrooms, and meat from at least three animals (bacon, hamburger, and BBQ chicken usually does it just fine).

What cheers you up?
Food. Long talks with my friends. Watching my favourite movies or TV shows. Also food.

What is your favourite book?
Hannibal, by Thomas Harris. I am a HUGE Thomas Harris fangirl, and he only writes a book about once every ten years. Which explains why I’ve read Hannibal about eleventy-thousand times.


What is the longest you have gone without sleep?
72 hours. In college during finals week, I stayed away for 48 hours straight studying for and taking finals, and then had to move out of my apartment and make the 24 hour drive home from Idaho to Texas. By the time I got there, I was hallucinating sheep and talking to an imaginary T-Rex I named Klaus.


What is your favourite midnight snack?
I have such weird tastes that it varies widely. I have been known to eat the following in bed: croutons, water crackers, shortbread cookies, Swedish fish, bread and butter, cheese slices, marshmallows, York Peppermint Patties, and Junior mints. And sometimes I don’t even eat all those things at once!

What was your favourite toy as a child?
My Easy-Bake Oven. I loved mixing up the little cakes and frostings. Because: CAKE!


Do you scream on roller coasters?
Not only do I scream, I scream like a six-headed baby being poked with hot needles.


Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?

I usually IM my critique partners on Facebook as I’m not so great on the phone. They can pretty much pull me out of any funk.


Who is the last person you argued with?

I’m pretty passive by nature, so as a rule, I don’t really argue. But, I have had rather heated discussions with my bestie and critique partner Kerrigan Byrne who has an irrational fear of the South, where I would like to retire. Let’s just say she holds with certain stereotypes that involve surprise butt-sex from banjo-playing locals in overalls who come from family trees that don’t branch. Of course, I tell her how ridiculous that is because overalls went out of fashion FOREVER ago. It’s all about sleeveless t-shirts and Crocs now.

What TV show do you secretly enjoy?

Golden Girls. I watch the re-runs of every episode at least ten times. The writing for that show was absolute comic genius.


Do you prefer flowers or chocolates for Valentine’s Day and why?

CHOCOLATES! Because eating flowers gives me horrible indigestion.

What is your favourite flower and why?


Dahlias are my favorite flower. They come in so many varieties and the colors and shapes absolutely blow my mind with the wonder of nature’s infinite patterns and complexities. Kind of like doughnuts.


No comments: