Friday, September 25, 2015

Favourite Author Friday -- Sahara Kelly




I'm so excited to be introducing a new feature, where I will introduce some of my most favourite artists. Authors are my Rockstars and I go quite fangrrl!

Please help me welcome Sahara Kelly, an author I fell in love with after reading just one of her books. Warning do not drink anything while reading her fun and sexy works or you will be spitting or choking. I've I hadn't already been a huge fan I would have definitely become one after meeting her in person.

If you've not read her works yet do yourself a huge favour and pick up one of her books. You will not be sorry.

So without further ado . . .



What was the last picture you took with your phone?



Well, as you can see, the latest shot on my phone is yet another in an endless series of cat photos! LOL  I adore my family, but let’s face it, cats RULE! J  This one is Odin, a Maine coon-mix rescue lad, who was barely eight weeks when we found him at our local Petsmart, all alone in a small cage, looking miserable. He had lost one eye to an infection and for us it was love at first sight.  He now reigns supreme – except for the occasional squabble with his rescue-sister Simone (who still hasn’t forgiven us for bringing him home) – and Odin is now twelve healthy pounds of curiosity wrapped in about a foot of fur.  Yes, we’re “those” people when it comes to our furbabies. Can’t imagine writing a book these days without one or the other of ‘em snoring behind me in their cat beds.

What cheers you up?

My friends!!! Sunshine on a crisp cool autumn day. Talking a walk when it’s really cold and catching the first snowflakes on my tongue. (You’re never too old to do that. LOL) My family, of course, although they might have been the ones who depressed me in the first place. (grin) But a nice email from, or a chat with, a friend…it helps a lot. Especially on those days when the writing part of me is seriously constipated and I can’t get a word out to save my life. LMAO (Sorry. Not the best analogy, but really close!)

[Sahara would like you to know that her latest release is co-written with longtime buddy Ciana Stone. She cherishes her long-standing friendship with Ciana, and they’re thrilled to bits that this anthology features – in addition to hot guys and even hotter romance – six friends who also share that kind of attachment! It was the most fun to write and they love their gals!!!]


Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
Who is the last person you argued with?

Going to have a two-for-one on these questions!!! My best friend lives three thousand miles away. He’s been my BFF since we started writing together back in 2001 and that was before there were “BFF’s”. We’ve written together, gone through family crises with each other, shared so much in the way of life experiences, met each other’s families…and started a graphic arts business together. Scott Carpenter has been eternally patient because, yes, he’s the one who bears the brunt of my storms. And it actually works both ways – I’m there for him as well. He’s always supportive of my latest writing effort, and that’s an enormous gift that I appreciate on a daily basis.


Do we argue? Hell yeah. LOL Not about writing because we both approach our books with the same goal – to have fun and share that with our readers. But we tend to disagree on the little things (Music? Don’t even get me started! Movies…sometimes. I share his like of some, but I do NOT understand others.) We have lively conversations about a lot of things, but…and this is probably what has solidified our friendship for so long…we’ve never lost respect for each other. We never will. His solo books are hysterical; our jointly written books are a source of joy for us both. It’s the perfect example of just how important a friend can be in one’s life. I’d be utterly lost without this one very special connection.

Do you prefer flowers or chocolates for Valentine’s Day and why?

I guess I’d have to say chocolates, but only because flower petals and seeds get stuck between my teeth and the stems are really hard to chew.   J 

-------------------------

Brief Bio:

Sahara Kelly has been writing fiction on and off for over thirty years. Amazing, since she’s still only thirty-nine! Born and raised in England, she’s now a citizen of the USA, married, and the mother of one fortunate son who gets reminded of his good fortune on a regular basis.  Known for her steamy Regencies, she is a cross-genre writer who gets bored too easily. Hence the continuation of her Gothic Horror series “The Asylum for the Mechanically Insane”, which has nothing to do with romance and everything to do with nightmares, terrors and the darkness within the human mind.

She loves writing, twisting plot lines until they scream for mercy, and then packing up her corset and heading off to a convention to party with the best people in the world – readers!!! She hopes to see more of you in the not too distant future!!!  You can follow her on Amazon, and also on Facebook, or drop by her website and subscribe to her newsletter. She tweets now and again, but isn’t as chirpy as she should be. As mentioned earlier, Sahara and Scott Carpenter are co-owners of P and N Graphics, and they both invite you over for a browse!

Look for her latest release: 

Available now at Amazon.com and also for your Kindle Unlimited reading program.

No comments: