Friday, October 9, 2015

Favourite Author Friday -- Jade Lee



I'm so excited to be introducing a new feature, where I will introduce some of my most favourite artists. Authors are my Rockstars and I go quite fangrrl!

This woman can rock a historical and a bustier while at a Conference. If you are looking for some fantastic characters in your stories be sure to pick up one Jade Lee's books, you'll be as hooked as I am. I also have to say I've had the great pleasure to meet this wonderful woman and her personality is as lovely as her smile!

So without delay please help me welcome Jade . . .

Are you usually late, early or right on time?  I used to be always late. I filled my days with doing too much, trying to grab a moment to myself here and there, and never ever doing what was right in front of me without thinking about what was next. Where do I have to be next? What do I have to try to get done? My mother raised me on the words, “Beat the clock.” It was me who got beaten up and anyone who expected me to be someplace on time. So the question now is…what about now? Am I late, early or on time? I’m usually on time now, if not a little early, but that’s in the rare case that I promise to be somewhere. I don’t promise anymore. With my children grown and gone from the house, I have no set schedule beyond habit. My husband has a normal job, and so we keep to his schedule more or less. But it’s really more like, hey when we’re both done with work, let’s order a pizza and watch tv together. That’s not a schedule, that’s a relaxation, and that suits me just fine. J

What was the last thing you ate? Dessert! It was fudge and I LIKED it! I’m trying to eat regular meals now instead of snacking here and there. So I had a dinner at 4 pm because I got hungry, so I ate. Buffalo Wild Wings (classic chicken with sweet bbq sauce), a green smoothie, plus a cookie for dessert. Notice how I didn’t say fudge? That’s because it was a really SMALL cookie and I wanted more. So I grabbed a piece of fudge. Yum!

 What was the last picture you took with your phone?
I’ll attach it here. It’s a sad picture of my father’s old house, the place I grew up in. Here’s the good news. My father is 80 years old and is about to be remarried. My mother died almost a decade ago and he’s been really lonely. Well, he met a woman at church, fell in love, and will be married in just a few weeks. But they’ve already moved into a new home together, taking furniture from both houses. So I went into the old house and snapped this picture of a room that used to be filled almost to the brim. 





As you can see, Dad left much of the Asian stuff behind. That’s because it was distinctly my mother’s. So on the upside, now my sisters and I can pick what we want out of what remains. Here’s one of the pieces I’ve taken home. I’m not sure why I like it so much, but it’s in my bedroom now!




 What TV show do you secretly enjoy?
I tend to binge watch. I was reading Joss Whedon’s biography, which meant I had to go back and watch all the Buffy shows. I’m about to start Season 4. But right now, I discovered that season 2 of Extant is out. So…yes, binging watching that. I like sci-fi/paranormal shows of all types. Comic book like shows like Flash and Arrow? Yes. Kick ass female shows like Buffy? Yes. Heady thought provoking science fiction like Extant? Yes. Funny awesome sexy horror like Supernatural? Yes! Yes! Yes! (That first yes was for Sam, the second for Dean, and that third was for whenever one of them loses a shirt!) *grin*



Jade Lee / Kathy Lyons

The Makeover Mistake by Kathy Lyons – March 2015
50 Ways to Ruin a Rake by Jade Lee – May 2015

The Player Next Door by Kathy Lyons – July 2015

No comments: