Friday, November 20, 2015

Favorite Author Friday -- Desiree Holt




I'm so excited to be introducing a new feature, where I will introduce some of my most favourite artists. Authors are my Rockstars and I go quite fangrrl!

I've been lucky enough to meet Desiree Holt, it was a few years back and I tell you I still feel awed today. Ms. Holt is

not only prolific, which is great for her fans because there is plenty to read, she's got talent and man can she heat up the pages! Her wonderful personality will keep you smiling and so will her stories.

So let's get to know this extraordinary lady a little better . . .






What is your favourite part of the human face? Why?
The eyes. They tell everything about a person. They express so much emotion and really tell you who the person is.

What song gets the most play on your IPod right now?
Amazed. It’s an oldie but a goodie and I keep going back to it. My book AFTERSHOCK actually came from one verse in that song. Love Lonestar, love their music, and this song always inspires me.

What is your favourite book?
Wow! This is a hard one because there are so many I love. But surprisingly I’d say a non-romance, TRUSTEE FROM THE TOOL ROOM. It’s an inspiring adult fairy tale.

What TV show do you secretly enjoy?
Well, it used to be Walker Texas Ranger. I always did my best writing when reruns were playing on my television. But lately Blue Bloods has taken over. I secretly drool over Tom Selleck.

Have you ever been pulled over by a cop?
 Sadly, yes. When I was a lot younger I had a heavy foot on the gas pedal, especially when I drove my classic Mustang. I tried, really I did, to drive slowly but that horse jiust wnated to racve down the highway.  The cops were not amused by my excuses!

What is your favourite midnight snack?
Almond bear claws. They are so bad for me but so very very good.






Sometimes it’s not about winning…
 
One bad tackle. That’s all it took to put wide receiver Jake Russell in a cast for the rest of the NFL season. From being a high school all-star to getting drafted by the Austin Mustangs, football has been Jake’s life for as long as he can remember. It’s what defines him—because he has a secret he never shares. But now that he’s laid up in bed with a nurse displaying a lot of distracting bedside manners, he’s discovering life on the sidelines might have its perks. . .
 
One last paycheck. That’s all Erin Bass has left to her name when the resort she works at shuts down. Desperate, she agrees to be a caregiver to hardass jock Jake Russell, who also happens to be a memorable one-night stand. Before long, caring leads to daring new ways to catch up in bed, especially with Jake still in a cast. But with football on the sidelines, this time the game is serious. . .



Known the world over as the oldest living author of erotic romance, and dubbed by USA Today as the Nora Roberts of erotic romance, Desiree Holt has produced more than two hundred titles in nearly every subgenre of romance fiction. She is a winner of the EPIC E-Book Award, an Authors after Dark Author of the Year and of the Holt Medallion. She has been featured on CBS Sunday Morning and in The Village Voice, The Daily Beast, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, The London Daily Mail and numerous other national and international publications. She enjoys football and reading and her three cats, who are her constant writing companions.

“Get out the ice water and fan…Desiree Holt delivers smoking hot alpha heroes and red hot romances.” Lea Franczak, USA Today Happy Ever After blog

Learn more about her and read her novels here:
www.facebook.com/desireeholt
Twitter @desireeholt
Pinterest: desiree02holt
Google: www.desiree02holt

LinkedIn: www.LinkedIn.com/desiree01holt 

1 comment:

Therese lopez said...

This sounds like an awesome book. I love everything you write, your books are outstanding. There is nothing like hot, sexy alpha cowboys who know how to love their women. Now with her football stories the men are just as hot and just as alpha. You can go wrong with any of Desiree's books!!