Friday, December 18, 2015

Favourite Author Friday -- Carolyn Brown



I'm so excited to introduce some of my most favourite artists. Authors are my Rockstars and I go quite fangrrl!








Today you get to meet Carolyn Brown and let me tell you this is one fabulously talented woman. She writes some of the best feel-good stories around!

So let's get to know this wonderful writer-lady a little better . . .









Are you usually late, early or right on time?

I’m always early. I’ve been told it’s fashionable to be late but I do hate to wait on anyone. That means I hate to keep anyone waiting. Do you realize that W-A-I-T is a four letter word?

What is your favourite part of the human face? Why?

The eyes for sure. The mouth might lie but the eyes, never. And when the lips lie, the eyes tattle if you take a moment to check.

What was the last thing you ate?

Peanut butter and crackers. My go to food when I’m really hungry.

Have you ever been pulled over by a cop?

Oh, yes, ma’am! I slid through a stop sign without using my blinker, going five miles over the speed limit and didn’t have my seat belt on. Thank goodness my son was on the police force at that time. The officer gave me a warning and one of those policeman stink eyes that put the fear of policemen in me. Now I check for the old black and white car before I go sliding through stop signs.

 What is your favourite book?

How on earth could I ever pick a favorite? I’m an eclectic reader and before I started writing so much, I read a book a day. Among my favorites are Exodus, Gone With the Wind, the Bible and all of LaVryle Spencer’s books.

What is the longest you have gone without sleep?

About 36 hours and yes, ma’am, the last eight I could hardly have been classified as awake.

What is your favourite midnight snack?

That would be maple iced doughnuts and milk. I don’t let myself indulge in those very often, though. Most of the time my midnight snack is a bowl of fresh fruit, but I’m imagining that it is milk and doughnuts!

Do you scream on roller coasters?

I rode a roller coaster one time and that broke me from sucking eggs, as we say in the south. I do not like rides. I do not like rides. And I’m not real fond of amusement parks.

Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?

My daughters, either one or both. They both cheer me up!

Who is the last person you argued with?

My husband, Mr. B. We always argue about directions in large cities. Sometimes he wins but not often.

What TV show do you secretly enjoy?

I loved Justified and pouted when it ended. But I also like NCIS (All three) and Blindspot.

Do you prefer flowers or chocolates for Valentine’s Day and why?

Neither really. I’d rather have dinner out with Mr. B…maybe a steak and a loaded baked potato with a chunk of cheesecake for dessert.

What is your favourite flower and why?


That would be daisies. I love roses but daisies last a long time and they are tough and sassy like the heroines in my books!




No comments: