Friday, January 18, 2019

Favourite Author Friday -- C.H. Admirand



Q and A with the fabulous C. H. Admirand, an author I love to read and a person I'm so very grateful to have had the pleasure to meet!


Are you usually late, early or right on time?
I'm usually 5 to 10 minutes early. Growing up Dad taught us that 5-10 minutes early was on-time...and on-time was late.

What is your favourite part of the human face? Why?
Eyes...you can read so many emotions just looking into someone's eyes. Sometimes eyes even change color...my hubby has green eyes, but when he's PO'd, they are yellow, and when he's happy they are bright green. 

What was the last picture you took with your phone?
I visited Mom and Dad in the cemetery today and took a pic of their headstone in the rain. Dad's been gone 20 years and Mom 5. (pic of headstone)


Have you ever danced in the rain?
Oh yeah! My favorite times to dance in the rain are during a warm Spring shower or a Summer rainstorm...mindful of the lightning ;)


What is your perfect pizza?
Sausage and Pepperoni (with a Miller or MGD).


What cheers you up?
Our grandsons, I babysit during the week and those times are the brightest spot in my week.


What is your favourite book?
This is a tough one for me because I have so many favorites. But, I'd have to say favorite historical is Ransom by Julie Garwood and favorite contemporary is the Return of Rafe Mackade by Nora Roberts (pics of books attached).



What was your favourite toy as a child?
Hands down it was Christmas 1962, I was 4 years old and dancing with delight to find Thumbelina waiting in a wooden cradle for me to pick her up. I don't have the original yellow dress she came in or the knob in her back that used to wind up to make her move like a real baby, but you can tell she was well loved. (pic attached) 


Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
Who is the last person you argued with?
I've combined the two because they're the same person. My hubby is my best friend and has been for going on 44 years as of April 11th 2019 (the anniversary of our first date). We've been married for 40 years as of August 4, 2019. He's the first person I call when I have a bad day...and interestingly enough, the last person I argued with. (attaching a pic of the two of us at book signing at the Applewood Winery in to years ago).

What TV show do you secretly enjoy?
It's a tie between Cupcake Wars and Main Cabin Masters.

Do you prefer flowers or chocolates for Valentine’s Day and why?
My birthday is 4 days after Valentine's Day, and over the years, I either get a bday gift or Valentine's Day gift. Although I do love chocolate (but can't have it anymore) I am a sucker for flowers, always have been.

What is your favourite flower and why?
I have so many favorites! But I'll try to pin it down to two...Lilacs and Columbines (attaching pics of them from our gardens).







1 comment:

C.H. Admirand said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog today, Venus. I was delighted to be asked and to do the Q&A. Can't wait to see you again...maybe at Book Lover's Con in New Orleans in May?

Have a great rest of the day,
C.H. Admirand