Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Morning Musings

I honestly don't know what it is about Monday mornings but it is a real chore for me to haul my butt out of bed in the morning. No matter how I plan it I just cannot fall asleep at a reasonable time on Sunday night. Last night I was awake for hours tossing and turning, carrying on an internal argument with myself about the fact that I had to get some sleep.
I tried counting sheep, I tried relaxation breathing, spiritual hymns and even counting backwards all to no avail.
When I finally did fall asleep shortly after something startled me awake. Seemed the power went off and my alarm clock was no longer glowing at my bedside so I then proceeded to toss and turn the remainder of the night worried that I would sleep in and be late for work.

What a wonderful way to start the week of on a positive note.

No comments: