Thursday, May 24, 2012

Flash Fiction Friday

Welcome to this week’s Flash Fiction Friday. A picture may be worth a thousand words but not for us. We have a picture about which we write a story of 100 words, no more and no less. I am joined by some fabulous writers today who give their take on a picture. To see the picture and the other members click this blog link: Flasher Fiction Friday


I was lost in thoughts of the fantastic date I just had with a fantastic man. And while it was dark out I was lost in sunshine and walking on clouds. It turns out my mother had indeed been right all these years, at least about this!  She often said in order to find love I had to stop searching so hard for someone to complete me and simply love myself. Once I did that everything else would fall into place. With a joyous giggle, I hit the speed dial on my cell.

“Mom, I’m going to marry this guy!”


10 comments:

Savannah Chase said...

Ohh this is wonderful...I love it..

Bonni S. said...

Don't you just love those moments? The ones where you just know. Great FFF!

Muffy Wilson said...

I love it! Mothers just always seem to be right. Really, Venus, I could literally feel the spring in her step! After my day, this was joyous and uplifting. Beautifully done:) xo

Leann Mitchell said...

I remember all the times my mother told me the same thing. Funny how they're always right. Wonderful FFF!

S.J. Maylee said...

What a beautiful moment in time. Lucky girl to have such a smart momma and for listening. My heart is singing and your writing did that, ty :)

ER Pierce said...

Venus --what a lovely post. Seriously. Her joy is infectious. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet and loving, Venus. I could feel her excitement!

Benjamin T. Russell said...

Ah this is cute - Mom is right. Of course, as my Mother has never failed to remind me - she is always right. By the way, she can expect her Mother to ask her why she didn't follow her advice sooner.

Kim Faulks said...

A very cute piece. Nicely tied up. I liked it.

Sherry Palmer said...

One must always listen to their mother, she tends to be right often. Loved this...great Flash