Thursday, June 21, 2012

Flash Fiction Friday

Welcome to this week’s Flash Fiction Friday. A picture may be worth a thousand words but not for us. We have a picture about which we write a story of 100 words, no more and no less. I am joined by some fabulous writers today who give their take on a picture. To see the picture and the other members click this blog link: Flasher Fiction Friday


A deep despair like I’d never known before dropped me to my knees. For years I had begged and pleaded to be allowed to interact with humans, to ease their suffering and take away their pain. Yet when my wish was finally granted I didn’t believe I was making a difference and as the years slowly eased on it became harder and harder not to lose a piece of myself with every passing. I wanted to make a difference, I intended to comfort but losing this last soul was too much for me to bear. His death was destroying me.

11 comments:

Naomi Shaw said...

Wonderful flasher. Heart wrenching

S.J. Maylee said...

You captured my attention from the 1st line. The tension kept building and building. Love the last line. Great flash!

Angelica Dawson said...

Beautiful and painful.

Bonni S. said...

Beautifully written, but unbearably sad. As always it's a pleasure to read your writing.

Julian Spong said...

sad, heart-wrenching but expertly written

Anonymous said...

Very gripping! Nice flash!

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

Heart wrenching.

Unknown said...

Sad and beautiful post. Who was he?

Savannah Chase said...

Another fantastic flasher. Such sadness and hurt. Her regret and pain so deep. Loved it.

Author Cyril J. Michael said...

Heart breaking! Fantastic FFF.

Davee Jones said...

I love the take on this post, sounds like a type of angel of death, yet, one that comforts those crossing over