Thursday, August 16, 2012

Flash Fiction Friday

Welcome to this week’s Flash Fiction Friday. A picture may be worth a thousand words but not for us. We have a picture about which we write a story of 100 words, no more and no less. I am joined by some fabulous writers today who give their take on a picture. To see the picture and the other members click this blog link: Flasher Fiction Friday



"Free image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net"

Phil gave another disgruntled groan, which I overlooked as he poked his croissant. I scanned the paper and ate my cereal. He muttered and if I hadn’t been ignoring his tantrum I would have chastised him for cursing at me.
“Shit Jenni, I know you love the remodelled kitchen but I’m sick of take-out and breakfast for dinner. When can we use the damn appliances? We paid a fortune to outfit this place with practically commercial equipment. ”
I gave him a big smile. “Honey, you can start cooking any time you want but you’d better not make a mess!”

5 comments:

Benjamin T. Russell said...

*Smiles* I'm guessing poor Phil also hears that - "you better not make a mess" comment whenever the two of them have sex. It seems to me Ms. Jenni has a few cleanliness issues and I wouldn't be surprised if those issues also carried over into the bedroom. No way is she sleeping in a wet spot.

Nicely done Lady V. - Muwah!!@

S. J. Maylee said...

Classic. She makes it too pretty to use, like my great aunt's front room. But this is the kitchen. I cant believe it, but I'm siding with the guy here :)

Naomi said...

LOL. I love it! He'better have a cloth close to hand for the tiniest spot of dirt or she'll never allow him in the kitchen again. Great flash

Author Cyril J. Michael said...

Fantastic Flasher!!

Julez S Morbius said...

love it great flash