Friday, March 11, 2011

Review -- A Girl, a Guy and a Ghost by Patricia Mason

A Girl, a Guy and a Ghost by Patricia Mason

Patricia Mason writes one fantastic book. The well-paced plot left me in turns laughing and flushing with arousal. Giselle Hunter has come to Savannah because it is the most haunted city in America. She has three days to find a ghost and write a fabulous article or lose her job. As a parapsychology reporter this should be a breeze, however Giselle fibbed during her interview and she has no psychic abilities. While trying to hunt up a ghost she literally runs into PI Ry Leland. He sidetracks her with his palatable sex appeal and her hungry reaction to it. Giselle finds herself surrounded by eccentric southerners who seem to bring out the worst in her. Is her klutzy investigation enough to make one of them want to kill her? Can she locate a specter and write a killer article before becoming a new addition to the ghost tour?
All the characters seemed to come to life for me, it was like they jumped right off the pages. Although I wish the wizened old wizard would always wear a robe before making another appearance. I felt as if I really knew Giselle, but someone needs to tell her that size 10 is not fat. Embrace your curves, the hero sure did! In fact I'm sure I've known her my entire life, she's such an ambitious, klutzy, gutsy lady. Ry is a realistic hero -- one moment I wanted the heroine to shake the sexy smirk from his face and the next I wanted her to kiss it off. Savannah comes to life almost as if the setting itself is alive. I've just added it to the top of my list for places I want to visit. I've already told several people that this is a must-read. I can't wait to see what adventures Ry and Giselle get up to in the next installment.

Curvy redhead Giselle Hunter, parapsychology reporter, has a crisis. Finding a ghost within three days is the only way to save her job. Not easy, especially with no psychic talent. A trip to Savannah Georgia—voted the most haunted city in America—seems ideal. But while Giselle encounters a discrimination-obsessed vampire, a nudist wizard, a not-so-psychic medium and a host of other kooks, there’s not a ghost in sight.

Then there’s scrumptiously sexy, private investigator Ry Leland. With his buff body and bitable lips, Ry ignites her passion. He’s an enormous distraction. Distracting her in a bed, in a closet, on the kitchen table, in a car… But despite the explosion of their mutual lust at first sight, Ry is unwilling to help with what he calls a cockamamie investigation. Unwilling, that is, until an attempt on her life makes it clear someone wants to stop Giselle from finding a ghost…and turn her into one.


5 out of 5

No comments: